Purpose: To bring together all the people, public institutions, businesses and community organizations with interests in the local economy. The Council is comprised of city staff, city government officials and Chamber staff and members; it serves the unique needs of its area members; potential outcomes could be strategic planning, programs and economic development initiatives.
Benefits: Bringing economic development stakeholders together creates an opportunity for the group to prioritize and bring focus to business and community needs in Richfield; it will also engage business and community leadership in addressing those needs by increasing awareness of needs/issues and provide a stronger, united voice.
Richfield Chamber Liaison: Chamber staff assists the Council with the development of strategic initiatives, plans of actions, events, programs, and meeting coordination. The Council can draw on Chamber resources for the production of needed printed materials and the development of press releases.
Meeting: The Richfield Business Council is organized and managed by the Richfield Chamber of Commerce; meetings will be monthly at the Woodlake Office Building conference room, located next to the Chamber office, and the format will be an informal roundtable discussion; the time and date will coordinated by the Chamber.
Common Area Business Council Initiatives:
- Host a State of the City address each year
- Recruit new members/volunteers for the business council
- Host one event in each area monthly (with exception of months with regional events)
- Conduct joint area business council events that are regional in nature
- Assist in identifying target companies for Grow MN retention program
- Provide monthly communication to area business members specific to Richfield
Contact the Richfield Chamber to learn more!