Each year the Richfield Chamber of Commerce hosts a recognition event called “Salute to Small Business”. Chamber members nominate fellow members for the Small Business Hall of Fame.
- Must be a majority owner and/or operating head of an independently owned, profit-making business enterprise for at least five years
- Must have less than 500 employees (SBA SIC Code Definitions)
- Does not exceed more than $10 million dollars in annual sales
- Must be a Richfield Chamber of Commerce member in good standing
- Staying power – a substantiated history as an established business
- Growth in number of employees
- Increase in sales and/or unit volume
- Innovativeness of product or service
- Response to Adversity
- Contributions to aid community-oriented projects
The Richfield Chamber of commerce awards committee reviews all nominee applications. These committee members come from a variety of professions and backgrounds. Recipients are selected based upon selection criteria; application review is kept confidential.
Recipients are recognized at the Salute to Small Business event; the call for Small Business Hall of Fame nominations is announced in the weeks prior to the event.