Richfield Public Schools held their opening workshop for 37 teachers new to Richfield. School staff from all schools, community representatives including the Mayor and Chamber President and the School Board were present to welcome all the new teachers.
“Together We Achieve” was Superintendent Steve Unowsky’s theme because working together we achieve more than we will by ourselves. Looking to the future, top priorities include revisiting the school district’s mission and vision and creating a new strategic plan to guide everyone’s actions. The strong, unified board has given clear charges:
- Personalize and accelerate learning for every student
- Revitalize teams and create a highly collaborative environment
- Increase voice and partnership with all members of the community
- Determine a clear course and plan for the future
- Expand enrollment and stabilize the budget