These upcoming outdoor events and winter activities are a great way to get outside and have some fun with the family! It is all too easy to coop yourself up inside during the winter months, but with the nice weather we are supposed to have this weekend there is no excuse not to enjoy the great outdoors here in Richfield.
Hockey Day in Richfield
Enjoy a full day of outdoor hockey with traditional hockey games, puck toss, hot cocoa in the warming house, skating with the Minnesota Magicians, and Richfield Youth Hockey Association games.
Date and Time: Saturday, January 30th 10am – 8:30 pm
Location: Donaldson Park
Taft Ice Fishing Bowl
Date and Time: Saturday February 6th, 10am – 1pm
Location: Taft Lake
This ice fishing event is meant to introduce families with kids to one of Minnesota’s most popular outdoor activities. No experience or fishing gear is needed. Warm beverages and refreshments provided. No need to register in advance, just show up!
For more information call 612-861-9385 or visit the website www.richfieldrecreation.com
Looking to just enjoy the outdoors without any events included? Richfield has many nearby outdoor skating rinks. So pack up those skates and hit the rinks the way they are meant to be enjoyed – outdoors! Whether you are looking to play a few games of hockey or just enjoy a nice winter day on skates you can’t go wrong at an outdoor ice arena in Richfield.
Outdoor Skating Rinks
- Christian Park (with warming house and hockey rink) – 6900 Bloomington Ave.
- Donaldson Park (with warming house and hockey rink) – 7434 Humboldt Ave.
- Augsburg Park (with hockey rink) – 7145 Wentworth Ave.
- Fremont Park – 7445 Fremont Ave.
- Jefferson Park – 6700 Thomas Ave.
- Madison Park – 6244 Knox Ave.
- Roosevelt Park (with hockey rink) – 7644 4th Ave.
- Taft Park (with hockey rink) – 6300 18th Ave.
*Note that hockey and broomball are not allowed on several of these rinks. For information on reserving rinks for either of those games please call 612-861-9396.