Now is your chance to nominate a fellow Chamber member for the 2017 Small Business Hall of Fame!
Each year, the Richfield Chamber of Commerce hosts a recognition event called “Salute to Small Business.” The community nominates a Chamber member for the Small Business Hall of Fame. The Small Business of the Year award is an incredibly prestigious honor and conveys to the community around you that you are a trusted business. More than just a plaque on your wall, this award builds a reputation of integrity and demonstrates a level of trust to your community. The “trust factor” is arguably the most important quality a business can convey to its clientele.
- Must be a majority owner and/or operating head of an independently owned, profit-making business enterprise for at least five years
- Must have less than 500 employees (SBA SIC Code Definitions)
- Does not exceed more than $10 million dollars in annual sales
- Must be a Richfield Chamber of Commerce member in good standing
- Staying power – a substantiated history as an established business
- Growth in number of employees
- Increase in sales and/or unit volume
- Innovativeness of product or service
- Response to Adversity
- Contributions to aid community-oriented projects
During the Salute to Small Business event, we also take a moment to award the DECA scholarships for the year. The DECA program prepares emerging leaders for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. Richfield High School and The Academy of Holy Angels select one student who have excelled in this course to award scholarships to. The scholarships are generously provided by Bernie and Ratna Mallawaaratchy of Bernie’s Montessori School and Richfield Bloomington Honda. In addition to the scholarships, this year the Richfield Rotary Club will be sponsoring a DECA student to attend and experience this prestigious event. The Chamber’s commitment to our schools and supporting programs like DECA is an important part of giving back to our community and helping to shape the leaders of tomorrow.